The Amazing Race Australia Season 06 Episode 10 Description
Türkiye → Colombia
- Çeşme (Radisson Blu Resort & Spa) (Pit Start)
- İzmir (İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport) to Bogotá, Colombia (El Dorado International Airport)
- Bogotá (Parque de los Periodistas (in Spanish) – Templete al Libertador)
- Bogotá (La Candelaria – Calle del Embudo)
- Bogotá (Emerald District or Parque La Concordia)
- Bogotá (Club De Tejo La 76)
- Bogotá (Samper Mendoza Market)
- Bogotá (Parque Bicentenario)
This leg’s Detour was a choice between Sparkle or Spoke. In Sparkle, teams had to correctly sort real and synthetic emeralds to receive their next clue. In Spoke, teams had to play bike polo and score a goal against a defender within ten minutes to receive their next clue.
As a result of re-entering The Amazing Race Australia, Kathy & Chace and Stuart & Glennon had to complete a Speed Bump and purchase three additional herbs before travelling to the Pit Stop.
- Additional tasks
- At La Candelaria, teams had to use a phone that they picked up at Parque de los Periodistas to take selfies with three graffiti artworks made by street artist Guache that had to include the teams, the art and the artist’s signature to receive their next clue.
- At Club De Tejo La 76, teams had to play tejo by tossing iron discs until one landed on a gunpowder-filled target to receive their next clue.
- At Samper Mendoza Market, teams had to purchase specified amounts of seven herbs for a home health remedy to receive their next clue. Teams had to order the ingredients in Spanish without showing the list to the vendors.
The Amazing Race All Seasons
The Amazing Race Season 33
The Amazing Race Canada All Seasons
The Amazing Race Canada Season 08
The Amazing Race Australia All Seasons
The Amazing Race Australia Season 06
Episode 01 | Episode 02 | Episode 03 | Episode 04 | Episode 05 | Episode 06 | Episode 07 | Episode 08 | Episode 09 | Episode 10 | Episode 11 | Episode 12 | Episode 13 | Episode 14 | Episode 15 | Episode 16 | Episode 17 | Episode 18 | Episode 19 | Episode 20 | Episode 21 | Episode 22 | Episode 23 | Episode 24
The Amazing Race Australia Show Description
The Amazing Race Australia is an Australian adventure reality game show based on the international Amazing Race franchise. Following the premise of other versions of the format, the show follows teams of two as they race around the world. The race is split into legs, with teams tasked to deduce clues, navigate themselves in foreign areas, interact with locals, perform physical and mental challenges, and travel by air, boat, car, taxi, and other modes of transport. Teams are progressively eliminated at the end of most legs for being the last to arrive at designated Pit Stops. The first team to arrive at the Finish Line wins a grand prize of A$250,000.
The series was first aired on the Seven Network, who purchased the format rights to produce an Australian version in 2010 and (as of 2020) hold the Australian broadcast rights to the American version. The first two editions of the show aired in 2011 and 2012 were produced by activeTV, which also produced the Asian and Israeli versions of The Amazing Race, in association with ABC Studios. Following a hiatus in 2013, a third season titled The Amazing Race: Australia v New Zealand, which included New Zealand teams, aired in 2014 and was produced in-house by the network’s own Seven Productions. The show aired in New Zealand on TV2. The host for Seven’s iteration the show was actor Grant Bowler. Seven’s iteration of the show was not renewed for a fourth season.
In June 2019, it was announced the series would be revived by Network 10. 10’s iteration of the show is produced by Eureka Productions and hosted by former rugby league footballer Beau Ryan. The first edition of 10’s iteration, and the fourth season overall, aired in late 2019. 10’s second and the fifth season overall aired in 2021 and was set in Australia, following international travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The series was renewed for another season for 2022, which returned to the regular global travel format.