The Amazing Race Australia Season 06 Episode 21 Description
- Perth (Perth Airport) to Broome (Broome International Airport)
- Broome (Chinatown – Sun Picture Gardens)
- Waterbank (Willie Creek Pearl Farm)
- Waterbank (Willie Creek Sandbank)
- Broome (Mangroves)
- Broome (Mantra Frangipani and Simpsons Beach)
- Broome (Gantheaume Point)
In this leg’s first Roadblock, one team member had to collect a panel of eight oysters, submerge them in water, coax four to open and insert a peg. If one had a pearl, teams would receive their next clue.
In this season’s final Roadblock, one team member had to collect a bucket and spade from Mantra Frangipani then drive to Simpsons Beach. Then, they had to search through 200 sandcastles until they found a button to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Sun Picture Gardens, teams had to feed eat other sweet and sour pork using 2.4-metre (7.9 ft) chopsticks to receive their next clue.
- At Willie Creek Sandbank, one team member had to write the Yawuru word for dust storm (Gujuguju) in the sand, and their partner had to identify the word from a helicopter within three minutes to receive their next clue.
- In the mangroves, teams had to find 20 snails, cook two using Aboriginal methods and eat them to receive their next clue.
- At Gantheaume Point, teams had to arrange six replica clock towers based on the order that they visited them. Teams that were observant would have seen “TIME” in all capital letters in several clues during the season. The correct order was: Chefchaouen Clock, Arachova Clock Tower, İzmir Clock Tower, Supreme Court of Belize, Palacio Municipal de Mérida and Fremantle Town Hall. Once correct, teams would receive six clock faces representing the times that they were at each clock tower. After placing the times in leg order, they had to create a six-digit code (teams had to add two-digit times to create one number) and unlock their final clue.
The Amazing Race All Seasons
The Amazing Race Season 33
The Amazing Race Canada All Seasons
The Amazing Race Canada Season 08
The Amazing Race Australia All Seasons
The Amazing Race Australia Season 06
Episode 01 | Episode 02 | Episode 03 | Episode 04 | Episode 05 | Episode 06 | Episode 07 | Episode 08 | Episode 09 | Episode 10 | Episode 11 | Episode 12 | Episode 13 | Episode 14 | Episode 15 | Episode 16 | Episode 17 | Episode 18 | Episode 19 | Episode 20 | Episode 21 | Episode 22 | Episode 23 | Episode 24
The Amazing Race Australia Show Description
The Amazing Race Australia is an Australian adventure reality game show based on the international Amazing Race franchise. Following the premise of other versions of the format, the show follows teams of two as they race around the world. The race is split into legs, with teams tasked to deduce clues, navigate themselves in foreign areas, interact with locals, perform physical and mental challenges, and travel by air, boat, car, taxi, and other modes of transport. Teams are progressively eliminated at the end of most legs for being the last to arrive at designated Pit Stops. The first team to arrive at the Finish Line wins a grand prize of A$250,000.
The series was first aired on the Seven Network, who purchased the format rights to produce an Australian version in 2010 and (as of 2020) hold the Australian broadcast rights to the American version. The first two editions of the show aired in 2011 and 2012 were produced by activeTV, which also produced the Asian and Israeli versions of The Amazing Race, in association with ABC Studios. Following a hiatus in 2013, a third season titled The Amazing Race: Australia v New Zealand, which included New Zealand teams, aired in 2014 and was produced in-house by the network’s own Seven Productions. The show aired in New Zealand on TV2. The host for Seven’s iteration the show was actor Grant Bowler. Seven’s iteration of the show was not renewed for a fourth season.
In June 2019, it was announced the series would be revived by Network 10. 10’s iteration of the show is produced by Eureka Productions and hosted by former rugby league footballer Beau Ryan. The first edition of 10’s iteration, and the fourth season overall, aired in late 2019. 10’s second and the fifth season overall aired in 2021 and was set in Australia, following international travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The series was renewed for another season for 2022, which returned to the regular global travel format.